Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Author

I am Bern.
I prefer that people call me Bern.
It's something out of the ordinary...something uncommon.
And that's who I am.
..someone who is different from the common crowd. But the desire to stay simple and invisible is still a requirement.

I am inclined to things few people get interested. I do things people barely catch the purport. I convey things people barely read the real sense.
..but I'm not far from the journey of accepting that only few can understand my line of thinking.

Being the only daughter in the brood of three and completing my secondary course in an exclusive girl school, my experiences may have shortcomings in terms of total exposure. But they are enough to serve as my guide in this wild and groundbreaking life.
I likely get socialized with people of different culture and outlooks. I may have different mindset from them. Nevertheless, understanding the differences abets me stay connected. I learn from them so much.
I stay grounded with my own principle:
" It's how you look on things and take them into your lives. You are responsible in your every action."

I love people.
I love observing their behavior.
I love putting myself in their shoes, trying to decipher what causes them to behave in such ways.
I love listening to other people's dilemma, trying to understand why they are experiencing such things.
I love criticizing manners, scrutinizing the possible consequences of such actions.

CUT. It's all "I" in relation to "them"... what about "I" in relation to "Bern"?


"I" is such a big command for "Bern".
"I" plays the superego.
"I" has many inquisitions. "Bern" 's knowledge is too much but "Bern" 's experience is not enough to verbalize them.
"I" seeks for answer. "Bern" 's knowledge provides answer but "Bern" 's experience is not enough to help "I" understand everything.
"I" sets the reason. "Bern" does the action.
Yet both argue with the result.
"I" is the shadow. "Bern" is the opaque being.
"I" whispers. "Bern" speaks.
"I" inculcates learning. "Bern" executes for enhancement.
"I" sets possibilities. "Bern" exemplifies.


* * * * *
Both are looking in the mirror...


"I" sees the world. "Bern" sees "I".

No comments: